countdown to wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The wedding planning has begun!

Let me preface this post by saying, we DO NOT have a wedding date set just yet. Brad proposed to me Friday, March 5th and 3 days later, my mom, two sisters and I were off to look at potential wedding venues and bridal gowns. It is very overwhelming trying to find the perfect venue which is available for the perfect date. We have a small window to get married due to my school sessions. This proposes a challenge because we have only 5 months or so to plan a wedding. We found some great options as far as places to have the wedding, but we are trying to pick the best option. We are getting closer, but I will continue to lose sleep until we nail down a date and place for the wedding! Those of you who have been in my shoes know the feeling I am sure! HEEELLLLPP!! Also, whenever I try to fall asleep at night small wedding details flow through my head keeping me up forever! Does this ever go away?? OR am I just CRAZY?!?! We found a few bridal gowns I love but have only been to 1 place so far. Tomorrow, Mom and I plan to do some more planning! I also finish up this semester's clinicals up this week; that will free up a lot of time to wedding plan! Stay tuned for more details and please PRAY FOR US!! Seriously! Thanks for reading:-)

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Yes, that crazy feeling went away for me when I got all my stuff planned and written down on paper. Make a list of everything you need/want at the wedding and all the materials you'll need to buy to get there. Then you can check them off as you go and not worry that you're going to leave something off. That worked for me! I'm so excited for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to go to Barnes and Noble and get Mindy Weiss' wedding planner book! (I think it's just called The Wedding Book.) She's a celebrity wedding planner and has a ton of great ideas. It has everything you need to know in it, AND it has a timeline at the back for those of us who get married in less than 6 months. You will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS YALL FOR THE SUGGESTIONS!! Will take them to heart!

    ReplyDelete